About this blog

A blog about the meanderings of a craft designer and hand maker living in a beautiful island at the end of the earth....I'm a weaver addicted to her little Ashford Knitters Loom, a crocheter, knitter, painter, gardener and grandma. Rowena lives in Tasmania - a world apart, not a world away!

Craft is a social activity, shaped by communal resources and motivations. Leonardo Bonanni and Amanda Parkes Virtual guilds : collective intelligence and the future of craft JMC vol 3, no 2 July 2010 pp. 179-190

Friday, April 30, 2010

Niche at the Boatshed

What a great venue !  Thanks Selena and St Giles.    Rowena had a great day.  I am so honoured to be able to show my wares for sale with such wonderful designers and makers.  I know I say it a lot but it's true - it's truly stunning how many fantastic makers we have here in Tasmania.  The range and quality of goods is amazing.  I'd like to buy something from everyone!


I was really thrilled with the new rack from Dexion in Launceston.  It showed off the scarves beautifully and I know it contributed to several sales.  It really makes a difference when the browsing is easy.  Thanks Leigh!