About this blog

A blog about the meanderings of a craft designer and hand maker living in a beautiful island at the end of the earth....I'm a weaver addicted to her little Ashford Knitters Loom, a crocheter, knitter, painter, gardener and grandma. Rowena lives in Tasmania - a world apart, not a world away!

Craft is a social activity, shaped by communal resources and motivations. Leonardo Bonanni and Amanda Parkes Virtual guilds : collective intelligence and the future of craft JMC vol 3, no 2 July 2010 pp. 179-190

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whew !!

Just unpacked the car after Niche...yes I know it's Sunday night, but work called at 4 this morning and when I finally staggered home at 1 pm I was just too tired....two days of marketing then a 7 hour shift in the kitchen at work really did me!

I'm blown away by the success of my stall at Niche.  It was absolutely fabulous.  Most of my bling scarves went to new homes - thanks to everyone who came by to buy or chat or both.  I met some amazing people and was encouraged by the comments on my work.  It's wonderful to pack up a scarf, pop it in the pretty bag and hand it over to the new owner!  I just love seeing the efforts I make to create something unique and to me, exciting, being carried off by a pleased purchaser!  

One of the most important things about marketing is being able to talk to everyone and find out what they like and what they are looking for.