About this blog

A blog about the meanderings of a craft designer and hand maker living in a beautiful island at the end of the earth....I'm a weaver addicted to her little Ashford Knitters Loom, a crocheter, knitter, painter, gardener and grandma. Rowena lives in Tasmania - a world apart, not a world away!

Craft is a social activity, shaped by communal resources and motivations. Leonardo Bonanni and Amanda Parkes Virtual guilds : collective intelligence and the future of craft JMC vol 3, no 2 July 2010 pp. 179-190

Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Baaack!

Just fell off the plane after a week of R&R Bliss in Marvellous Malmsbury deep in the Central Highlands of Victoria.  I just love the area and the plethora (now there's a word lol) of handmades emporia, wonderfully unique pubs and cafes and the endless parade of magnificent views.  We did several "drives" mostly around the Trentham, Dalyesford area and back to Kyneton and home in beautiful sunshine but boy oh boy was it cold!  They tease me about Tassie and suggest I must be used to the cold, but it ain't cold here like it is there.  Could have sworn on Friday it was snowing close by.  Nuh - just cold !

Baz's Lama turned out to be black (so I have to find a new photo) and the fleece was from a 'pacca so I brought home what I could fit in the carry-on to spin up - he want's a cap with flaps...you know, one of them Aztec berry's.  I'll try Baz - reckon I know what you want - a chullo hat.

Made it back to Meskills in Kyneton.  So sad that the spinning mill is now closed and the machinery disbanded.  But they still have some hanks of natural corriedale 30 micron semi-worsted for sale, so came home with another kilo.  Reckon that will be it tho.   The people who have "Wolf at the Door" a marvellous gallery and design business supporting handmade in Hepburn Spa, have leased the building and are to move in around October I think. Check out  http://www.wolfatthedoor.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment