About this blog

A blog about the meanderings of a craft designer and hand maker living in a beautiful island at the end of the earth....I'm a weaver addicted to her little Ashford Knitters Loom, a crocheter, knitter, painter, gardener and grandma. Rowena lives in Tasmania - a world apart, not a world away!

Craft is a social activity, shaped by communal resources and motivations. Leonardo Bonanni and Amanda Parkes Virtual guilds : collective intelligence and the future of craft JMC vol 3, no 2 July 2010 pp. 179-190

Sunday, November 14, 2010

MAKING STUFF

Here are my new cards from yesterday, all labeled, packaged up and ready to go to the new shop!


Also, here are some new superfine Tasmanian merino scarves wot I have just finsihed for an order.  One more to go so I had better start warping !!!

 
Three Superfine Merino handwoven Scarves

Closeup of one on right


These scarves were all woven on my little Ashford Knitters Loom with a 12.5 dpi heddle and the gorgeous 19.5 micron superfine merino fibre.

The left one is using our own handspun in an open weave which was then fulled in the washing machine to a firm fabric.

The middle one is mill-spun superfine warp with the weaving a window pane pattern variation using alternating millspun and handspun.

The right hand one is all mill-spun and there's a closeup of the balanced weave at right.  The one that I have still to do will be a leno using the superfine handspun.


MORE PICCIES

My new (secondhand) 80 cm Ashford Rigid Heddle Loom !!!!!




Thanks to Belinda in the ACT for packing it up so beautifully and sending over for me!!

PS Thanks for the kind wishes y'all - I'm still sick  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment